Thursday, September 11, 2008

Pray for Public Safety Personnel today on 9/11

Each day a new post will allow you to comment on how God is teaching you and how your focus on prayer is making a difference. Feel free to share prayer requests. If they're for another person, please have their permission before posting. And share how God is answering your prayers as well.

Let's use this daily and regularly to encourage one another!

None of us will ever forget where we were 7 years ago today. Nor should we forget the valiant men and women police officers, firefighters and emergency medical personnel who were willing to risk their lives to save others. Many went into the Twin Towers; many did not come out.

Those in our communities who fight fires, rescue the injured and ill and protect us from crime deserve our prayers, not only today, but every day. This is a special day for them as we pause to remember. Pray for their safety.

One way you can remember them regularly is to offer up a prayer whenever you hear a siren or see their flashing lights.

Teach me Your way, O Lord; I will walk in Your truth;
Unite my heart to fear Your name. I will praise You, O Lord my God, with all my heart, And I will glorify Your name forevermore.
(Psalm 86:11-12)

2 comments:

Barbara Kay said...

It was such a blessing to be part of the Patriot Luncheon today at NHC. They were so appreciative. The challenging work they do in the community is stressful, so I was glad to see them get comfortable and just hang out.

For those who may not know, Dianne George is going through daily radiation for breast cancer, and has been since June. She has completed her 21st treatment and she has 12-15 more sessions to go. She is beginning to experience fatigue and, with her permission, I am requesting prayers for her full recovery.

Rick Lawrenson said...

Thanks for your prayers. Thursday night firefighters from all 7 north beach communities came to battle a 2 alarm fire in Kitty Hawk that consumed two houses. I was there for part of the time, and all of them were safe.

The residents of the first house actually escaped by jumping out of the house, I was told, and were taken to the hospital.