Sunday, September 7, 2008

Day 7 - September 7

Each day a new post will allow you to comment on how God is teaching you and how your focus on prayer is making a difference. Feel free to share prayer requests. If they're for another person, please have their permission before posting. And share how God is answering your prayers as well.

Let's use this daily and regularly to encourage one another!

Hear my cry, O God; Attend to my prayer. From the end of the earth I will cry to You,
When my heart is overwhelmed; Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

For You have been a shelter for me, A strong tower from the enemy.
I will abide in Your tabernacle forever; I will trust in the shelter of Your wings.
Selah
(Psalm 61:1-4)

2 comments:

Rick Lawrenson said...

From this morning's prayer journal:
"Bless the communion fellowship tonight. May it be a rich time at the cross and with one another."

It's rare that I miss a communion fellowship at NHC, but I'll miss tonight's. And not just because it is Mexican food! Thanks for your prayers as I travel and then as I share our story tomorrow.

Andy Lawrenson said...

A portion of my prayer that I wrote this morning in my prayer journal:

May your presence be evident in our gatherings this morning. God that you would be revealed fresh and new to our church and that passion for you would be stirred in our hearts. Speak to us through the Word, music, and other believers today. I ask that you would please encourage hearts, convict those with un-confessed sins, change lives, and bring about revival in NHC. God in my own life I want to draw closer to you, may that be the same passion of our church. May we truly be the church that understands that life is “not about me”, that giving is “not about me”, that serving is “not about me”, that church is “not about me”.