Each day a new post will allow you to comment on how God is teaching you and how your focus on prayer is making a difference. Feel free to share prayer requests. If they're for another person, please have their permission before posting. And share how God is answering your prayers as well.
Let's use this daily and regularly to encourage one another!
Please use the comment space to tell us about your Prayer Walk experience at school tonight. Or anything else related to your prayers today, for that matter!
Bend down, O LORD, and hear my prayer;
answer me, for I need your help.
Protect me, for I am devoted to you.
Save me, for I serve you and trust you.
You are my God.
Be merciful, O Lord, for I am calling on you constantly.
Give me happiness, O Lord, for my life depends on you.
O Lord, you are so good, so ready to forgive,
so full of unfailing love for all who ask your aid.
Listen closely to my prayer, O LORD; hear my urgent cry.
I will call to you whenever trouble strikes, and you will answer me.
Nowhere among the pagan gods is there a god like you, O Lord.
There are no other miracles like yours.
(Psalm 86:1-9 NLT)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Reading that prayer from Psalm 86 what jumps out at me is the confidence the one doing the praying has in God to not only hear the prayer, but respond to it.
Isn't that kind of confidence or assurance the equivilent of faith?
And these, I thought, were some pretty powerful words from my devotional this morning: "We come at love with conditions: you can take it or leave it.
God comes at love with no conditions: I’ll take you and I won’t leave you."
Paul's letters to churches started out reminding them always that God comes to them in grace and peace, not in wrath and condemnation. I pray that NHC will remember that we have that same grace and peace. I pray that we are so aware of that everyday that it overflows from our hearts and into the conversations we have with those in our lives.
I have invited some of my praying friends in the area to join us at the flag poles of our schools tonight. One of my friends (mother of middle and elementary schoolers and elem teacher) responded "I have goosebumps! How awesome. Many thanks to you all! I am so impressed and touched."
Thanks to a church willing to think outside the box (or church walls, as the case may be).
Sandra, Ellen Lee, Linda Staples, and I went out and walked around the three First Flight schools and prayed. We stopped at each school and prayed for that school. While were stopped at the High School the vice principle came out on his way home. We told him what were doing and that we were praying for him too. Tom and Sandra
That's awesome Tom and Sandra. If it's the same guy who's been there for years, he knows NHC.
I went to NH Elementary. Although I was alone, I had a great time walking around the building and praying for everyone from the cafeteria staff to the superintendent and school board.
Post a Comment