Friday, September 19, 2008

Day 19 - Pray for Israel

Each day a new post will allow you to comment on how God is teaching you and how your focus on prayer is making a difference. Feel free to share prayer requests. If they're for another person, please have their permission before posting. And share how God is answering your prayers as well.

Let's use this daily and regularly to encourage one another!

The verses below reflect the passion Paul had for the Jewish people to know Christ. Remember that Jesus came to them first.

Dear brothers and sisters, the longing of my heart and my prayer to God is that the Jewish people might be saved. I know what enthusiasm they have for God, but it is misdirected zeal. For they don’t understand God’s way of making people right with himself. Instead, they are clinging to their own way of getting right with God by trying to keep the law. They won’t go along with God’s way. For Christ has accomplished the whole purpose of the law. All who believe in him are made right with God. -Romans 10:1-4

2 comments:

Agnes said...

I remember how faithfully Paul Lawyer always reminded us to pray for Israel.I cannot get to sleep for some reason tonight( morning) so I will make a warm cup of milk and pray for Israel.

Agnes said...

The name of God I'm focused on today is: "Jehovah-Shalom" God is my peace! He gives me(us)peace in spite of circumstances... a very sweet thing indeed. On this day I am rejoicing on the life of our grandson, baby Jack, who was unplanned,by his parents anyway, and spent much of his first year of life in and out of hospitals due to a pancreatic disorder. I PTL because today, his 2nd birthday, he is a happy, active and super cute toddler.