Monday, September 15, 2008

Day 15 - September 15

Each day a new post will allow you to comment on how God is teaching you and how your focus on prayer is making a difference. Feel free to share prayer requests. If they're for another person, please have their permission before posting. And share how God is answering your prayers as well.

Let's use this daily and regularly to encourage one another!


Jesus told them. “I assure you, even if you had faith as small as a mustard seed you could say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it would move. Nothing would be impossible.” - Matthew 17:20

3 comments:

Rick Lawrenson said...

Today I spent a good portion of my prayer time for our sick, people like:
Tommy and Claire
Dianne
Tricia
Tom
Cathy

It's not hard to pray for folks you know and love who are battling physical illnesses.

Harder, however, is knowing how to pray for other needs in people's lives. You know something is broken emotionally, relationally, spiritually...and sometimes I just don't know how to pray for them.

Paul wrote to the Romans that the Spirit knows what our hearts don't know when it comes to those prayer needs. And He takes the prayers from our hearts and communicates them the Father for us. That's pretty amazing.

So when you're like me, and not sure of the solution, but you just know that someone needs God to do SOMETHING, that's OK. He will.

Rebecca Meyers said...

I will be praying for so many in need today. I did want to give a HUGE "AMEN" to yesterday's 9:00 service. The crowd, the worship, the spirit, the MUSIC and the awesome message...what a day! God is so good.

Jenny said...

So, I haven't had my prayer time yet today, but I did want to share a prayer that God has answered that I didn't ever voice. It kinda goes along with what you were saying, Rick, about the Spirit communicating to the Father what is in our hearts. Last night, for the first time in a long time, I was moved to write a poem about God. I have been so scared I had lost my ability to write poetry, so sure that I would never be able to share what was inside again in that way. And God heard that prayer that was unspoken. I had it hidden away deep inside and He found it and made it come true. That is the awesome power of God. He just knows.