Today we finish our second week of 40 Days of Prayer. How has your prayer life been changed in the two weeks? Post a comment and share it with us.
You've probably seen the news from the Texas Gulf Coast after Ike. Please keep them in your prayers. And remember Greg Avery in your prayers, too. He's in Louisiana with NC Baptist Men's Disaster Relief team providing meals after Gustav. Be sure to read Greg's comment on this post.
Did you know that your prayers delight God?
The LORD hates the sacrifice of the wicked, but he delights in the prayers of the upright. -Proverbs 15:8
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I see God working. The unfortunate truth is that disasters provide opportunities. Communities are flooded all around me. In the short time I have been here, I see God working everywhere. I am in Hammmond, LA pulled back from Houma and staged to most certainly go to Texas. I see God working. I worked with a man today who lost his entire house in Terrabonne Parish, he ran with his family to the northern part of the state, only to wake up on an inflatable mattress in a tent with water rising above it. God provided an opportunity to present the gospel. He answered my prayer. I received a gift prior to me leaving for the gulf, the scripture provided with it Proverbs 16:3, "Commit your works to the Lord and your plans will be established". My prayer is that God will use me, and that I will have the courage to allow Him. Thank you for your prayers, please continue to pray, pray, pray. this will be the first time God will use me to manage a large operation, feeding thousands a day. A far cry from a backyard bbq. Pray that God provides more opportunities and even more courage.
Greg Avery
As our church begins to get ready for worship today, would you get us all started worshipping at home before we leave for church? Then may our worship time together be so amazing that we’re blown away at the level of sacrifice our praise becomes. Be with all our volunteer staff in hospitality, first impressions, prayer, nursery, kidmo, lil k, worship…Give them all a passion for their ministry and for the people they serve and may it show.
Psalm 15
1 LORD, who may dwell in your sanctuary?
Who may live on your holy hill?
2 He whose walk is blameless
and who does what is righteous,
who speaks the truth from his heart
3 and has no slander on his tongue,
who does his neighbor no wrong
and casts no slur on his fellowman,
4 who despises a vile man
but honors those who fear the LORD,
who keeps his oath
even when it hurts,
5 who lends his money without usury
and does not accept a bribe against the innocent.
He who does these things
will never be shaken.
Rick,
This morning you asked us to post about answered prayers. Brandy has had some trouble settling in at Liberty - separation anxiety from her friends here at the beach. She came home for a visit after only being in school two weeks and was planning to come home yet again this weekend. I have been praying that she would start connecting with friends at Liberty so she will want to stay at school. Thursday night she sent me a message letting me know she would not be coming home after all. They were having a Mexican feast in her dorm and she wanted to stay. I do miss her but I know she will be better off staying at school and making new friends. I am thankful with all the big issues we have to pray for that God is faithful to answer the prayers that effect our day to day lives.
Post a Comment