Thursday, September 18, 2008

Eastern NC Prayer Conference



If you haven't yet registered don't panic. You can register at the door Friday evening. Registration will be open from 5-6:30. The conference begins at 6:30. Please don't bring children - there is no childcare provided.

For you pastor types who plan to attend the luncheon, you need to register in advance today by going to the website. If you prefer, there is a phone number posted on the website you can call.

Over 100 are expected for the conference. In addition to some excellent speakers, the MP13 Band will be leading worship throughout the conference.

1 comment:

Jeanna said...

Tonight I thought of David when he was rebuked by Nathan. John Franklin really opened my eyes to my divided heart. I have been justifying some things for many years and tonight I saw it for what it really was - a divided heart. What really got me was when John said God may open a door he really does not want us to go through and the only way we can know is to listen to the quiet small voice of God. I realized as we sang tonight that I have sung "You are my everything and I adore you" to Jesus many times and meant it at the moment but walked out the door and let busyness keep me from really meaning it 24/7. I wonder how many doors I walked through thinking God had opened it it must be the right thing without listening to what he really wanted me to do. I know even when I have been praying I have been multi-tasking (journaling, reading a little and praying - all crammed in 15 minutes) and I have not stopped to listen for God's response to my prayers. In the past I have looked for the answers in the action around me. Tonight I learned I need to listen for the answers also. I am committed to not continue with a divided heart and to listen for that small voice. I have decided one evening each week I will spend time reading the bible so I can hear God's voice - not just a few minutes but the whole evening from dinner to bed. I know I will be challenged by a special show that will come on or I will be invited to some fun event but I have asked Seth to hold my accountable to this decision. I can't wait for the conference tomorrow and to hear what else God has to say!