Thursday, September 4, 2008

Day 4 - September 4

Each day a new post will allow you to comment on how God is teaching you and how your focus on prayer is making a difference. Feel free to share prayer requests. If they're for another person, please have their permission before posting. And share how God is answering your prayers as well.

Let's use this daily and regularly to encourage one another!

And I said: “I pray, Lord God of heaven, O great and awesome God, You who keep Your covenant and mercy with those who love You and observe Your commandments, 6please let Your ear be attentive and Your eyes open, that You may hear the prayer of Your servant which I pray before You now, day and night..." (Nehemiah 1:5-6a)

3 comments:

Rick Lawrenson said...

Today I have a long overdue visit with the dermatologist. Dr. Slice/Dice and Freeze as I call him.

Thanks for your prayers. I've had skin cancers removed several times in the past and I won't be surprised if he finds more today.

Roxanne said...

I pray this morning for the people in our community who haven't yet stepped inside NHC but whom God has planned to be part of our church family. I pray that they will start to feel a yearning for God in their lives, and that one of us would invite them to find what they are looking for, and that when they come, we will be faithful to welcome them and teach them all that we have been blessed to learn through our lives and experiences. I pray that we would be willing to be honest with all who come to us with their troubled lives and let them know God has brought us from some of the same places, and that it is only our dependence on Him to change us from the inside out that keeps us from going back to those old ways. I pray that we would be loving and hospitable friends who can help them learn to hear God's voice and recognize His call and find their purpose.

Andy Lawrenson said...

This morning I spent time praying for Tricia as she has another chemo treatment today and for Nate that God will strengthen the both of them.

After speeches last night on TV I'm reminded this morning to pray that believers will pray for wisdom and God's will in this election.