Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Day 2 - September 2

Each day a new post will allow you to comment on how God is teaching you and how your focus on prayer is making a difference. Feel free to share prayer requests. If they're for another person, please have their permission before posting. And share how God is answering your prayers as well.

Let's use this daily and regularly to encourage one another!

I will lift up my eyes to the hills—From whence comes my help? My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth. He will not allow your foot to be moved; He who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, He who keeps Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. - Psalm 121:1-4

8 comments:

Rick Lawrenson said...

Thanks to God that the end results of Gustave weren't like Katrina. Now I'm beginning to think and pray ahead to next week and the prospects of two additional storms that could come ashore.

And thanks to God that when we call on Him we don't get an impersonal response.

Burnie said...

God's word is available to each of us to read regularly. He uses it to inspire us, to bring us confidence, and to teach us. It has all the answers to our needs and shows us His character. As I prayed this morning, I used the specific names of our church family for God to bless them, and bless their efforts towards building His kingdom at Nags Head Church. He gives me great confidence of many blessings and great things He will do through this obedient and humble body of believers. Let's call on Him to do such great things that those looking at NHC from the outside can have no other explanation than, "God must be doing that work; those people can not". He will get the honor and glory, not us.

Roxanne said...

I pray this morning for all of our church family who have committed to pray for 40 days, that they would be protected from distractions that would hender their focus, and that this 40 days would help us all to become so accustomed to nurturing our relationship with God that it would continue on after this time is over.

Andy Lawrenson said...

This morning I lifted up our pastors and their families in prayer. I prayed for Tom, Burnie and Steve as they pastor us and juggle their family and jobs all at the same time. I asked God to give us wisdom as we lead and discernment.

For our church I prayed that God would revive us and put a spark in our hearts that we can fan into a flame. For spiritual health as a church and that we would continue to grow.

For our nursery and children ministries that God would stir in hearts and send us more member to minister in these two areas.

For our students to reach their friends with the gospel and for parents to disciple their children.

Anonymous said...

I am praying for so many things, but in the midst of my prayers I was reminded of these verses...

1 Kings 19:11-12
"The LORD said, "Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the LORD, for the LORD is about to pass by."
Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper."

Listen for the whisper.

Tina said...

I was so thankful for so many reasons that before I prayed for specific things I spent time in gratitude - I was a little surprised by how many "thank" you's I had to offer up tonight. Then I prayed for the church, the church family, specific needs for different people...

I was told earlier today that a 12 year old cousin of a friend of mine was in an accident with her father behind the wheel and she took the brunt of the impact. All bones in her face were broken and now she has a wired jaw and surgeries lined up. The family has to drive back and forth from Eastern Shore VA to Maryland and are finding it difficult as well as the fact that they have no insurance...feel free to pray for Scott and his little girl Kayla. They have immediate spiritual, physical, emotional and spiritual needs. Thank you.

Terry Gray Sr. said...

All of the above are great prayers. A lot better than I can offer, but I prayed that all the family of NHC would grow and come together as one, to spread the word of God and show the love of Jesus Christ in everyday life. I prayed that I could be an inspiration to just one soul, to have an impact on them, to seek the Lord. I fail often in this task, and with God's help, I pray I will be able to overcome this.

wereart said...

During prayer time last night I prayed for the young adults of our churh family who are away at school. Many are really being exposed to and living in this crazy world for the first time. I prayed that God would bless them and help them remain obedient to His Word.