Each day a new post will allow you to comment on how God is teaching you and how your focus on prayer is making a difference. Feel free to share prayer requests. If they're for another person, please have their permission before posting. And share how God is answering your prayers as well.
Let's use this daily and regularly to encourage one another!
Jesus answered them, “Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only will you be able to do what has been done to the fig tree, but you will also say to this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and it will happen. 22You will receive whatever you ask for in prayer, if you believe.” -Matthew 21:22 ISV
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
using the outline of prayer that Rick gave us today I prayed for our church ministries and pastors. I also thought/meditated about the fact that God's Word says He will supply all our needs according to His riches.
Our church is rich in God. He is growing our church. He has blessed us unbelievably over the past several years. Now I tied that thought together with what God has been showing us from His word the past two Sundays about faithfulness in our finances. God is going to meet our needs as a church and I don't want to miss out on that. God uses us, His children.
If you read my comment yesterday then you know that a lot of my prayer has been focusing on the nursery ministry. I again prayed this morning for the nursery team specifically. God says He will supply our needs. God also shows us that He puts the body of Christ at NHC together as he sees fit. I understand these promises from His word to mean that God has placed in our body everyone we need to accomplish ministry for Him. Also He will continue to send us more ministers.
I have always been concerned for the nursery ministry. (didn't think about it much until 4 years ago ;) ) My prayer has been that these ladies that serve will see what they do not as a "job" or "baby sitting" but as true ministry. This morning after spending time praying I jumped here to the blog to find Brenda's comment from yesterday. My heart was encouraged.
Serving every Sunday isn't always easy but I guarantee that if you ask those who serve each Sunday ( band, First Impressions, Hospitality, nursery and children's team) how they do it week after week you will find the "secret". When you serve God in ministry and you serve in the ministry He has called you to He energizes you and your passion for Him will drive you. Just ask Brenda!
While I have " missed" two of my chosen and thereby assigned prayer times, I have become more faithful and now am attempting to be more focused as well. Here are a few practices I am trying to put into action each day: Meditating on my eternal union with the Lord; asking for obedience, on my part, to the voice of conscience which He puts into me; to be able to bear whatever cross God sends my way and to receive His present grace; and to give thanks for the present pleasures He supplies.
A few years back Pastor Steve did a teaching on the names of God and I have been using one each day, in my prayer times, as a means of understanding what God is really like and to better praise Him for His character. Today I specifically prayed for unity within our NHC body; for each elder and their families and for those, supported by our church, who are serving the Lord in missions around the globe.
Larry, from Honduras. This has been a challenging month. God is speaking to my heart how to make our site more an more indigenous. You would think we all would celebrate that as a team here in Helene. But mostly it is a struggle. Letting go is not as easy as you might think. I think about Paul how he started church after church and let them go. Pray for Sheila and I and Team Helene as we learn how to let go and see others take up the banner for Christ.
Post a Comment