Tuesday, October 14, 2008

You are not an accident - Day 2

If you began a prayer journal during 40 Days of Prayer, keep it up! And occasionally go back through it to see how God is answering your prayers and how you are growing in your prayer life. If you didn't begin a journal, now is a great time to start one.

From today's Purpose Driven Life devotional...

Main thought: God created you with a purpose in mind, no matter who you are or how you arrived.

Verse to remember: "I am your Creator. You were in my care even before you were born." (Is. 44:2 CEV)

Discuss this question: Knowing that God uniquely created me, what areas of my personality, background and physcial appearance am I struggling to accept?

3 comments:

Rick Lawrenson said...

Today's devotional and life's twists evoke more questions from me to God than answers.

There are a lot of things I just don't get. But maybe I'm not supposed to...And that's the key to faith.

Allison said...

When we were reading the devotional this morning - every sentence we read - we couldn't help but think of Tricia. How God prescribed every single detail of our body. How he custom-made our bodies just the way he wanted it. All for a purpose. It's so hard to fathom. He knew what he was doing when he created her and her body and all of us and there is a purpose for everything that is taking place at this very moment - even if we don't get it - because I know I sure don't. I particularly enjoyed the poem at the end.

Andy Lawrenson said...

I woke up thinking about Jeremiah 29:11, because of "life's twists". Chapter two, I found, was exactly what I needed to read this morning.