Thursday, October 9, 2008

Prayer Update from the Glocks!


Dear praying friends,

I'm starting this off with a trip back in time...

Ten years ago today Sylvie was doing all the work. We went to the maternity hospital in the middle of the night and by noon Juliet was in her arms. We thank God for blessing us with Juliet. She is a source of joy to all of us. We had her birthday meal today at noon and opened her gifts. She'll have party with her friends on Saturday.

Anastasia and Pascal are also doing well. They are both very busy with school work and music lessons. This year Pascal is part of a swim club and swims an hour each week. At the end of the month he'll be seeing the specialist for his scoliosis. Please pray that we will have clear direction from the doctor in order to keep the curvature to a minimum. Both Anastasia and Pascal are in the process of getting braces. We are very thankful for our health insurance!

Sylvie and I are deeply thankful for the spiritual sensitivity they are all showing. They are growing in their faith and are eager participants in the activities of our two churches.

Seasons of change

The big change as many of you will remember is the arrival of Jean-Yves as Pastor of the CEP. (I've attached a photo of Jean Yves and Marie Salomé) Things are going very well and it is a great privilege to work with him. Please pray for him as he seeks to meet the members of the church and get a sense of what God is doing among us.

This Sunday will be a special day for ITeams in France. Thierry Mirone who is working with me to develop ITeams France will be preaching at both the International Church and the CEP. This will be opportunity for folks to hear about Thierry's ministry and to connect the dots between the different expressions of ITeams in France.

I've mentioned from time to time Evangile et Culture (Gospel and Culture), a network that I've helped coordinate for the last 10 years. Recently some things have happened that show my time for leading that work has come to an end. In this ministry I've been responsible to Stéphane Lauzet who leads the French Evangelical Alliance. We've talked about this and he's in agreement. Last weekend I attended a conference organized by Témoins another network in France that's concerned about the same types of issues. It was a great time and it is clear that God is doing something through them. This is one of the areas where I can be a greater service being in a supporting role than taking the lead.

Troubled times

We are all waiting to see what will happen in our very troubled world. May God have mercy on us.


With love in Christ,
Matt

No comments: