Thursday, October 9, 2008

Prayer Update from Robin Brooks

Dear Praying Friends,

I have some good news. God has provided all the funds needed to complete the last stage of my resident visa application! My home church and a few individuals provided all the funds. I’m overwhelmed with the generous provision for this need. I still have not received word about the documents that I sent in June. But the visa agency that is helping me says that is normal and it could be another couple of months yet before I hear something. So please keep praying.

Thanks for all your prayers and encouragement through this long health challenge. The past two weeks, the medical Dr. has had me on complete rest again and that has helped some with the energy and pain levels. I was awaiting more blood test results, which I obtained yesterday. The Dr. said that I am indeed a sick girl that it is not all in my head. (That was a relief to hear, because I was beginning to wonder if I was just imagining how sick I feel.) The good news is that the blood tests don’t show any serious illness or bacterial infection. The disappointing news is that it does show significant levels of inflammation and viral infection. The blood results have not shown any of the long standing viruses such as Mono, Epstein Barr, Glandular Fever or CMV, but it obvious that I have some kind of long standing virus. They are just not sure what kind and therefore don’t have any suggestions of how to treat it or how to proceed from here. The Dr. said that could just be a combination of several normal viruses attacking my system at once. She also said that I have the immune system of an infant (other Dr.’s in the past have used words like deficient or compromised). So she feels that the best course of treatment at this time is to continue on total rest, drink lots of fluids and continue my treatment with the naturopath. She did say to continue on the prescription anti-inflammatory in order to reduce the pleurisy pain.

I do plan to continue my treatments with the naturopath. He too finds a significant level of viruses in my system and through his means of testing he does find CMV. So that is what we will continue to target along with the viruses.

Before this latest set back, I had scheduled starting the Ladies Peacemaker Bible Studies again. The studies will be on Thurs. nights at 6:30-7:30 p.m. and Mondays at 12:45 – 1:45 p.m. from now through the end of Nov. Last night was the first study and we really enjoyed meeting together again. God gave me the strength to teach. I’m very exhausted today though. But I’m planning to be on total rest till Monday and we’ll see how my body holds up with that study. The ladies of my church have offered to do my cleaning and shopping for me so that what little energy I have can be put into teaching these studies. I don’t have much preparation to do as I’ve already done all that these past few months. So although the medical Dr. feels that I should continue on total rest, I do want to try to continue on with these two studies. It is an encouragement to all of us.

Please pray that God will give me and the medical professionals working with me the wisdom to know how to treat this condition and for healing.

Pray also for strength and wisdom in leading these studies. (Thursdays & Mondays through the end of Nov.)

Pray for those handling my visa application and that God will allow it to be granted.

I’m so grateful for all of you who continue to uphold me in prayer. You have been and continue to be a tremendous blessing to me. I continue to pray regularly for you as I know many of you are going through much deeper trials than I am at the moment. May God encourage and strengthen you each day as well.

God Bless,
Robin Brooks

No comments: