Matthew Henry, who in the 19th century wrote one of Christianity's classic commentaries on the Bible, wrote, "It ought to be the business of every day to prepare for our final day."
Today's devotional reminds us that we live now to prepare for eternity.
Point to ponder: There is more to life than just here and now.
Verse to remember: "This world is fading away along with everything it craves. But if you do the will of God, you will life forever." (Jn. 2:17 NLT)
Up for discussion: Since I was made to last forever, what is the one thing I should stop doing and the one thing I should start doing today?
Feel free to jump in the conversation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm reminded of a quote one of my college professors gave us: "You can't waste time without injuring eternity."
Probably would have to say stop quit being so consumed by the here and now not be so concerned about material things.
My favorite quote in the reading today is the CS Lewis quote:
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God 'Thy will be done' and those to whom God says, 'All right then, have it your way,' " Tragically, many people will have to endure eternity without God because they chose to live without him here on earth.
That there is more that just this moment in time. This life I live is just a blip on the radar screen. However, I must make the most of the time given and live to the highest potential that God has called me. He commands it. I owe him my whole life to do as he pleases. So my feelings are temporary, but what I can accomplish for God is eternal. I want to take hold of this life and live it well, without the mentality of barely getting by.
Prayer request:
My friend and co-worker, Steph and her husband, Jason, are enroute from OBH to Kings Daughters with their three day old son, Wesley. He has a high fever and is going for tests. They are young, first time parents and are very worried and upset.
Thank you,
Nancy S @ Dare Central
Post a Comment