Monday, October 13, 2008

It all starts with God

From today's devotional reading in The Purpose Driven Life...

Point to ponder: "It's not about me."

Verse to remember: "Everything got started in him and finds its purpose in him." (Col. 1:16b Msg)

Question to answer: "In spite of all the advertising around me, how can I remind myself that life is really about living for God, not myself?"

Feel free to jump in with your thoughts.

2 comments:

Andy Lawrenson said...

If I remember I think chapter one was my favorite from last time we did 40 DOP because I am, as probably most humans, self-centered by nature. (this may also come from living in a house with 10 people and only two bathrooms when I was a child. every man for himself) So it was a good kick in the seat of the pants to be reminded that "it's not about me."

In response to the Question to Consider:
Constantly check my focus. Where is my focus? Who am I focused on? After the evaluation make the necessary adjustments.

Roxanne said...

I gotta think the best way to remember God, even when bombarded with what the world is advertising, is memorizing scripture. Jesus answered each temptation with scripture, not an apology or excuse but with a specific scripture that explained his choice.