Each day a new post will allow you to comment on how God is teaching you and how your focus on prayer is making a difference. Feel free to share prayer requests. If they're for another person, please have their permission before posting. And share how God is answering your prayers as well.
Let's use this daily and regularly to encourage one another!
We are your servants, the people you rescued by your great power and might. O LORD, please hear my prayer! Listen to the prayers of those of us who delight in honoring you. - Nehemiah 1:10-11a
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Some great points in my devo today about praying specifically for things. (If we pray in general terms, like "God bless all the people" how will we know the prayers will be answered?)
Also about praying for success. If we don't, what's the alternative? And a good definition of success, too was given: “Fulfilling God’s purpose for my life in faith, love, and the power of the Holy Spirit, and expecting the results from God.”
Also this quote: If you can’t ask God to make you a success at what you’re doing, you should be doing something else. God doesn’t want you to waste your life.
Question: are you enjoying your devotional time?
I do pray for success, and what I want. And I pray with my idea of what I would like God's response to be. Then I tell Him that I understand that more important than what I want is what He wants for and from me. Then, I am learning, I need to listen....closely. Sometimes that's the hardest part.
I think we often listen for what we want to hear and miss what He's telling us because it's something we don't want to hear. One of the speakers at our recent prayer conference really nailed the point that God sometimes (actually often) takes people outside (sometimes far outside) their comfort zones in order to use them for His purposes.
One of my prayers has been that I will recognize His answers to my prayers, whether or not they are what I am wanting to hear.
About 11:00 this morning, Rick responded to an emergency call as chaplain of NH Fire Department. It was our own Elaine Smith's husband, Bob, who had a heart attack and died. Please be praying for her and her family. Her friend, Barbara Carpenter, has gone to her home to be with her during this time.
Post a Comment