Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A great start!






Since we put up the prayer schedule Sunday for the 24 hour NHC prayer x 40 days we now have 69 of the 96 time slots taken! Just 27 left!!
If you didn't sign up Sunday, please do so asap. What might God do if for 40 days there's never a time when someone from NHC isn't crying out to God?

What time did you choose and why is that a good time for you?

12 comments:

Rick Lawrenson said...

I chose 3AM and NOT because it's a good or convenient time for me!

But, I'm a leader, and leaders lead by example. I wouldn't ask you to do this unless I'm willing to do it myself first.

It's going to take a passion and some resolve for me to rise at that time every day and spend time with God. I need the discipline!

I only hope I'll be able to get back to sleep!

Agnes said...

I'm on at 9:45 am just because it was open. It is however just about the time in which I sit still ( yes I do occasionally sit still ) for my own devotional moments having completed my morning "sweep-" through the house and just after my daily power walk. Oh how good it is to be getting back to most things " normal"! Ag K

Agnes said...

Ok, glad I'm not the leader here...3 AM, yikes! Next post I'll tell you all about the prayer life of my friend, Aunt Ruth, from our former church.Ag

KDH Catt said...

Psalm 46:10
"Be still, and know that I am God"

This one has really been sticking to me lately. Hope I'm not too late to sign up for a time....
New NHC goer,
KDH Catt

Bonnie said...

I chose 8:15 PM because all the other time slots that I could do it were taken. But, after I thought about it, I realized that it's after the baby is in bed, but my older kids are still up, so perhaps we can do this as a family activity! I'm not sure if that were the intent, but I think it would be cool for them to be a part of this.

Anonymous said...

Is there any way that you can tell us what times slots are left to fill?

marie said...

Well, I forgot to sign up after 9:00 service so I signed up after youth group Sunday night and there weren't many options left! 3:30 am is not exactly a great time for me but I seem to wake up almost everynight about that time so it should work out.

Rick Lawrenson said...

There are still plenty of time slots from about 11AM to 4:40PM. Also there are a few left between 2AM and 5AM.

But please don't ask me to fill in your slot. Just don't forget to take care of it next time you're at NHC.

CFHusband said...

I signed up for sometime around 2:30am (I'll have to check) because I'm usually up with Gwyneth around that time, and even if I'm not, I need the discipline. If I tried to do it during the day, it would probably be more difficult because I'd be busy with other stuff.

Tina said...

I had wanted to pray at 4:45 am because I am normally up by five to begin the day. However, because that slot was already taken I chose the 9:15 pm slot because it is right before I go to bed and after the kids and night-time "things" are done.

Jeanna said...

I signed up for 11pm because it is what time I need to stop for the day and focus on God before heading off to sleep. I spend time with God in the morning but it varies from day to day what time. 11pm is a more consistent time for me with all the days responsibilities wrapped up. Now I can start and end my day with God.

Barbara Kay said...

Interestingly, I waited until the end of the first day to sign up thinking I'd get an uncomfortable time and I could be stretched a bit. But few people signed up for the mid-morning time, probably because their work environment wouldn't support it...so I ended up with a mid-morning slot. Since I work in a church, I didn't figure I'd have any trouble convincing my bosses I needed to take a 15-minute prayer break.