Sunday, December 7, 2008

If you read this blog...

We developed this blog as a way to communicate within NHC during 40 Days of Prayer and 40 Days of Purpose.

If you found the blog helpful and would like to see a blog continue as a way of communicating vision and encouragement and as a tool for sharing God's work in your life, ministry and mission, let us know.

10 comments:

Rebecca Meyers said...

I really enjoyed it. It's nice to read about things happening and hear other people's stories. I vote yes.

David B said...

Yes. Keep up the good work.
David

David B said...

Yes. Keep up the good work.
David B

Bonnie said...

This is one woman's personal opinion....I have my 'blog circuit' that I surf
through every morning and afternoon, sometimes in the evenings too. I use
it as a means for keeping up with what's going on in the lives of my friends
and spiritual leaders, and a point of examining my thoughts and beliefs on
different subjects. I have noticed that as the 40 day blog has grown in
it's postings you have decreased the number of posts on your 'catch the
wave' blogspot. This isn't a criticism, just an observation. I think that
the same people that read 'catch the wave' would read and comment on the '40
day of purpose' blog, so perhaps only 1 is needed. Maybe I'm
misunderstanding the intent of one or the other, but I don't see the need of
both. There you have it....my thoughts at 6:15AM.

Jenny said...

I too am a morning and afternoon blog surfer. I go through a series of blogs to check up on who is doing what and how everyone is doing. I have noticed the decrease in the number of new postings on "Catch The Wave", though I think there are probably a number of reasons why there has been a decline other than it just being that you are now overseeing two blogs. I have also noticed a difference in the types of blog entries on both sites.

While I can see that having two identical blogs would be redundant, I think that there are folks who visit this particular blog that don't visit "Catch The Wave", and vice versa. I vote yes to keeping this blog going. Perhaps we could open it up to some other bloggers for "guest spots" or something. Give it a bit more flair.

Rick Lawrenson said...

Responding to Bonnie...

The number of posts did decrease simply because the daily posts drew few (if any) comments. And getting comments - sharing what God was doing - for all to read was the purpose of the blog.

My personal blog "Catchin' Some Waves" will continue to be just that - my thoughts on just about any topic I want to express. I open it up to anyone in the universe to read and comment.

This blog (or its morph) would (if continued) be a tool for communicating within the NHC family. It's not "out there" for all the world to come in and participate.

Sometimes the two intersect, but I want to know if our church views this blog as meeting a need. If so, please comment! That's the only real way of evaluating.

Roxanne said...

It's a lot of work to keep up a blog, and I know it's frustrating for you if people are not responding. This blog was specifically for people to respond to specific questions or topics and I know there weren't a lot of replies most days. I started out trying to reply most days during 40 Days of Prayer because my prayer time slot was early in the day, but when I realized I felt kinda "out there by myself" I stopped!
If you don't mind the work/time involved, I think the concept is a good one (avenue for church family to respond to specific topics) and like most things, the people who use it are the ones who will benefit from it and those who don't are making that choice for themselves.

But... my favorite is Catchin' Some Waves! I know you're not asking us to choose between the two, but I just wanted to say it ANYWAY! :)

Bonnie said...

I guess I don't comment that often, because I feel that no one wants to always hear from me. That doesn't mean I'm not reading or appreciating your blogging. I see that there are 2 different purposes, and will continue to 'swing by' both in my daily circuit. Thanks for all the effort you put into this. While I, personally, hate blogging and have quit (I never liked diary writing, or journaling either) I love reading the blogs and the subsequent responses.

CFHusband said...

I say keep it going. If we want our church to be involved in things like this, we're going to have to commit to developing that kind of culture...the only way to do that is to keep it going and allow people to catch the wave.

Barbara Kay said...

I am very much in favor of having the public forum and the church forum. I know that I have kept up regularly with the publc blogs since Nathan and Tricia's began life in Durham and, in fact, I feel completely out of touch when I don't read them. I haven't yet developed the habit of visiting the 40 days blog, in part because it was a short period and I was gone for part of the time. If, however, I know it is going to be important for the church body to grow together, I will do it.

I don't always respond because, at this early stage of development, I still feel like I'm writing to you, rather than the body. Since I work with you on a daily basis, I think you know what I think. As the site develops and takes on a life of its own, no doubt I'll change in that regard as well.